As per government announcements made on 23rd December 2020, our inn is mandated to close in accordance with restrictions as Cheshire moves into tier 3 from Saturday 26th December.
Please see below FAQ to assist with your queries. If your query is not answered by the below, do not hesitate to contact us at our head office at Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa via email or give us a call on 01244 570560
Will your property remain open for takeaway services?
Our inn will be entirely closed whilst Cheshire is subject to Tier 3 restrictions, and we will not offering any takeaway dining services. This is to allow our concentration and efforts to be put towards our reopening when permitted.
I have a restaurant reservation within the period of closure
All table bookings in our restaurant from Saturday 26th December will be automatically cancelled, unless there is a deposit or full balance assigned to the booking. In this instance, our team will be in touch to assist you. We ask our guests to be patient with our team as they work hard to make contact.
My gift voucher will expire during the period of closure. Can it be extended?
Please be assured that all gift vouchers impacted by our forced closure will be extended to expire on 31st March 2021. You do not need to contact us, as this extension is being applied automatically to all gift vouchers. Should it be necessary to apply further extensions, we will review this information.
I have contacted your reservations team with a query, when will I hear back?
Our reservations team are currently dealing with a high volume of queries and correspondence. The team are working extremely hard to respond to all queries and concerns in a timely manner. We appreciate the patience and understanding of our guests during this challenging time.
When we reopen
In order to reopen in accordance with government guidelines in July, our team worked diligently to ensure that our inn met with our own stringent standards of health, safety and hygiene as well as government and health organisation advice. See below full details of the additional measures in place to create a COVID-Secure environment.
Nelson Hotels is committed to ensuring that The Fishpool Inn is a safe place to work within and visit. The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and team is, as always, our ultimate priority.
In accordance with government recommendations and health organisation advice, we have made necessary changes to our operations so that we will be able to welcome you back as safely as possible.
Here’s what we are doing to provide our guests and team with the confidence to visit our inn safely:
- All staff have received COVID-19 specific training and have signed a daily health declaration. They will undertake a daily temperature check prior to commencing work.
- We have instigated an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation regimes throughout the property, with particular focus on hand contact points. There are hand sanitising points throughout the premises and we request that all guests sanitise their hands upon entry.
- We will respectfully ask you to maintain a policy of social distancing wherever possible when on the premises, and our team are also encouraged to maintain a safe distance where possible.
- Upon making a reservation, guests will be asked for contact details from a member of each party in accordance with government guidelines to collect information to track and trace if necessary.
- We have carefully considered the spacing differences between tables and chairs and request that they are not moved.
- Currently we can accommodate bookings for groups including one household per booking only. This is in line with government measures announced on 12th October 2020, placing our inn within the guidelines for Tier 2 areas.
- Please note that booking is strongly encouraged and, during busy periods, those without bookings may be asked to wait for a table outside the inn. We will endeavour to accommodate as many guests as possible while observing our new measures to keep you safe.
- All guests are required by law to wear a face mask when moving around the property. Guests are permitted to recover any face covering only when seated at a table.
- Upon arrival for your reservation, you will be greeted by a host and taken to your table. Please do not enter the premises until the time of your booking as early arrival may compromise our ability to maintain safe distance between waiting guests whilst we ensure each table is thoroughly disinfected between sittings.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to welcome you at the bar for drinks and we politely ask that you do not gather at the bar area.
- Disposable menus will be used once and recycled. We will also offer our guests the option to view menus electronically via a QR code which can be scanned on the user’s smart phone.
- Tables are no longer pre-set with cutlery and condiments and single use items including disposable menus and condiment servings are used to limit repeated surface contact.
- Our inn is now cashless and we would kindly ask you to use contactless payments wherever possible. We provide the option to add a gratuity to your payment on card.
- Dishes, cutlery and glassware will be thoroughly and continuously disinfected, and we will continue to regularly sanitise all surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests.
- Our toilets will be regularly cleaned and limitations on guests using the facilities at any given time will be in place to help maintain social distance.
We have now obtained significant third party accreditation, which validates our stringent measures of health, safety and hygiene. We have received certification of Covid Security from Visit Britain and Covid-Confident accreditation from The AA; meaning we are recognised as COVID-compliant by the leading tourism and hospitality bodies.
We hope and trust that you will find these measures reassuring. A copy of our company risk assessment can be downloaded here. We will be happy to address any concerns that you may have and look forward to seeing you soon.