Nelson Hotels: Our Commitment to COVID-Security
Nelson Hotels is committed to ensuring that The Fishpool Inn is a safe place to work within and visit. The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and team is, as always, our ultimate priority.
In accordance with government recommendations and health organisation advice, we have made necessary changes to our operations so that we will be able to welcome you back as safely as possible. Here’s what we are doing to provide our guests and team with the confidence to visit our inn safely:
- All staff have received COVID-19 specific training and have signed a daily health declaration. They will undertake a daily temperature check prior to commencing work.
- We have instigated an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation regimes throughout the property, with particular focus on hand contact points. There are hand sanitising points throughout the premises and we request that all guests sanitise their hands upon entry.
- We will respectfully ask you to maintain a policy of social distancing wherever possible when on the premises, and our team are also encouraged to maintain a safe distance where possible.
- Upon making a reservation, guests will be asked for contact details from a member of each party in accordance with government guidelines to collect information to track and trace if necessary.
- We have carefully considered the spacing differences between tables and chairs and request that they are not moved.
- Currently we can take indoor bookings in groups of two households, including support bubbles. Outdoor bookings can be in gatherings of 6 people or less from different households or above 7 from no more than 2 households and support bubbles. Please note that if you have reserved an outside table, in the event of inclement weather, we cannot guarantee a table indoors and we are unable to accommodate for groups of more than 2 households inside.
- Please note that booking is strongly encouraged and, during busy periods, those without bookings may be asked to wait for a table outside the inn. We will endeavour to accommodate as many guests as possible while observing our new measures to keep you safe.
- Upon arrival for your reservation, you will be greeted by a host and taken to your table. Please do not enter the premises until the time of your booking as early arrival may compromise our ability to maintain safe distance between waiting guests whilst we ensure each table is thoroughly disinfected between sittings.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to welcome you at the bar for drinks and we politely ask that you do not gather at the bar area.
- Disposable menus will be used once and recycled. We will also offer our guests the option to view menus electronically via a QR code which can be scanned on the user’s smart phone.
- Tables are no longer pre-set with cutlery and condiments and single use items including disposable menus and condiment servings are used to limit repeated surface contact.
- Our inn is now cashless and we would kindly ask you to use contactless payments wherever possible. We provide the option to add a gratuity to your payment on card.
- Dishes, cutlery and glassware will be thoroughly and continuously disinfected, and we will continue to regularly sanitise all surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests.
- Our toilets will be regularly cleaned and limitations on guests using the facilities at any given time will be in place to help maintain social distance.
We have now obtained significant third party accreditation, which validates our stringent measures of health, safety and hygiene. We have received certification of Covid Security from Visit Britain and Covid-Confident accreditation from The AA; meaning we are recognised as COVID-compliant by the leading tourism and hospitality bodies.
We hope and trust that you will find these measures reassuring. A copy of our company risk assessment can be downloaded here. We will be happy to address any concerns that you may have and look forward to seeing you soon.