Following the release of the government roadmap out of national lockdown, The Fishpool Inn will begin its phased reopening, starting with the availability of outdoor drinking and dining.
Monday 12th April
Guests will be welcome to drink and dine with us outdoors from 11am-9pm daily (last available table booking time will be 7.30pm). Food will be served from a reduced, casual menu from 12pm either to take away or dine onsite. No requirement for a substantial meal accompanying alcohol or curfew limitations will be in place.
At this time, we will be permitted to accommodate groups of up to 6 guests or two households per booking. Whilst outdoor dining only is on offer, guests will be required to book via phone or email and our online booking system will be temporarily suspended. Advanced booking is strongly recommended to avoid disappointment.
Monday 17th May
In line with stage 3 of easing restrictions, The Fishpool Inn will reopen for indoor drinking and dining with table service. A wider menu selection will be available from this date. Groups will continue to be limited to up to 6 guests or two households, unless amendments to restrictions allow otherwise.
During the phased reopening, our inn will continue its commitment to maintaining COVID security whilst prioritising the guest experience.
Monday 21st June
By this date, it is anticipated that all current restrictions on social contact will be lifted, provided that all government tests continue to be met. Limitations on household mixing and use of communal areas will be removed.
Please note that all dates and guidance set out above are subject to government restrictions.
Will your property remain open for takeaway services?
We will not be providing a regular takeaway service prior to our phased reopening, though we are offering a takeaway Mother’s Day afternoon tea for one weekend only. Pre-order our specialty offering by Thursday 11th March and collect from any Nelson Hotels property on either Saturday 13th or Sunday 14th March.
I have a restaurant reservation within the period of closure
All table bookings in our restaurant from Saturday 26th December will be automatically cancelled, unless there is a deposit or full balance assigned to the booking. In this instance, our team will be in touch to assist you. We ask our guests to be patient with our team as they work hard to make contact.
My gift voucher will expire during the period of closure. Can it be extended?
Please be assured that all gift vouchers impacted by our forced closure will be extended to expire on 31st March 2021. You do not need to contact us, as this extension is being applied automatically to all gift vouchers. Should it be necessary to apply further extensions, we will review this information.
I have contacted your reservations team with a query, when will I hear back?
Our head office reservations team are currently dealing with a high volume of queries and working on reduced hours whilst our properties are closed. The team are working extremely hard to respond to all queries and concerns in a timely manner. We appreciate the patience and understanding of our guests during this time.
When we reopen
Nelson Hotels continues to monitor government guidelines closely in order to reopen safely. Our team is working diligently to ensure that our inn meets with our own stringent standards of health, safety and hygiene as well as government and health organisation advice. See below full details of the additional measures in place to create a COVID-Secure environment.
Nelson Hotels is committed to ensuring that The Fishpool Inn is a safe place to work within and visit. The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and team is, as always, our ultimate priority.
In accordance with government recommendations and health organisation advice, we have made necessary changes to our operations so that we will be able to welcome you back as safely as possible.
Here’s what we are doing to provide our guests and team with the confidence to visit our inn safely:
- All staff have received COVID-19 specific training and have signed a daily health declaration. They will undertake a daily temperature check prior to commencing work.
- We have instigated an enhanced frequency of cleaning and sanitisation regimes throughout the property, with particular focus on hand contact points. There are hand sanitising points throughout the premises and we request that all guests sanitise their hands upon entry.
- We will respectfully ask you to maintain a policy of social distancing wherever possible when on the premises, and our team are also encouraged to maintain a safe distance where possible.
- Upon making a reservation, guests will be asked for contact details from a member of each party in accordance with government guidelines to collect information to track and trace if necessary.
- We have carefully considered the spacing differences between tables and chairs and request that they are not moved.
- Please note that booking is strongly encouraged and, during busy periods, those without bookings may be asked to wait for a table outside the inn. We will endeavour to accommodate as many guests as possible while observing our new measures to keep you safe.
- All guests are required by law to wear a face mask when moving around the property. Guests are permitted to recover any face covering only when seated at a table.
- Upon arrival for your reservation, you will be greeted by a host and taken to your table. Please do not enter the premises until the time of your booking as early arrival may compromise our ability to maintain safe distance between waiting guests whilst we ensure each table is thoroughly disinfected between sittings.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to welcome you at the bar for drinks and we politely ask that you do not gather at the bar area.
- Disposable menus will be used once and recycled. We will also offer our guests the option to view menus electronically via a QR code which can be scanned on the user’s smart phone.
- Tables are no longer pre-set with cutlery and condiments and single use items including disposable menus and condiment servings are used to limit repeated surface contact.
- Our inn is now cashless and we would kindly ask you to use contactless payments wherever possible. We provide the option to add a gratuity to your payment on card.
- Dishes, cutlery and glassware will be thoroughly and continuously disinfected, and we will continue to regularly sanitise all surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests.
- Our toilets will be regularly cleaned and limitations on guests using the facilities at any given time will be in place to help maintain social distance.
We have now obtained significant third party accreditation, which validates our stringent measures of health, safety and hygiene. We have received certification of Covid Security from Visit Britain and Covid-Confident accreditation from The AA; meaning we are recognised as COVID-compliant by the leading tourism and hospitality bodies.
We hope and trust that you will find these measures reassuring. A copy of our company risk assessment can be downloaded here. We will be happy to address any concerns that you may have and look forward to seeing you soon.