We are well into BBQ Season and weather forecasters are predicting this summer is going to be a sizzler!
Now is the perfect time for al-fresco dining, so we thought we’d share a delicious BBQ chilli, ginger and lime marinade with you. A marinade coats, flavours, and protects meat cooked with intense heat.
Our chilli, ginger and lime marinade works perfectly with a variety of meats including chicken, salmon and prawns. Happy sizzling!
• small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
• 100ml/3½fl oz olive oil
• 2 limes, zest of one only and juice of both
• 20g/¾oz grated ginger
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 fresh chilli, chopped
• smoked cayenne pepper, to taste (if unavailable, substitute smoked hot paprika)
1. For the marinade, place the chopped coriander, olive oil, lime zest and juice, ginger, garlic and chili into a bowl.
2. Season, to taste, with cayenne pepper and whisk thoroughly.
3. Place the chicken breasts into a deep dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, covering completely. Cover the dish and leave the chicken to marinate for three hours.
4. Preheat the barbecue until the coals are white hot.
5. Place the chicken breasts on the barbecue and cook for 15-25 minutes, or until cooked all the way through, turning occasionally, have a beer, chill out!